We know very well that when it comes to food, the eye also wants its part. Of course, flavors and quality ingredients distinguish a memorable dish from a bad one, but here comes the sight too and when a course is presented in the right way, here we begin to eat it … with our eyes.
To attract more customers and keep them to you, we suggest you spend some time and attention to the promotion of your dishes online. How? From Instagram to Pinterest you can really go crazy by creating new pages for your activity and giving visibility to your business. In these cases, the photos are at the center of social activities, capture the attention of potential customers and “bind” them to you. Clear that to make astonish those who are watching the shots of your preparations is necessary that the photos are made in a certain way. Here are some suggestions to become real social restaurant owners:
- Composition: we start from the presentation of the dish. Too big or too poor portions are not very inviting, so look for a balance by using the secondary ingredients included in the recipe, such as seeds, sprouts or drops of oil. The protagonist food must be highlighted to be easily recognizable.
- Equipment: don’t worry if you do not have a professional camera, tripods and light modifiers. Some tricks will be enough to take inviting photos even using your smartphone. For example, we recommend taking pictures vertically because the smartphone’s camera horizontally tends to slightly deform the subject.
- Light: very important and preferably natural. Approach a window or go out to exalt the the colors at the sunlight. If you do not have the right equipment, avoid positioning yourself next to an artificial light and above all creating too much contrast.
- Shooting: when it comes to food it is preferable to shoot from a 45 ° angle to fully see the contents of the flow, but also the volumes and dimensions. Alternatively, we recommend a 90 ° angle for really amazing shots that allow you to narrate your dish.
- Post-production: do not abuse filters and effects. The photo should be as realistic as possible.
Now that you understand what is important for a shot worthy of note, have fun photographing and promoting your dishes!